Friday, September 7, 2012

Very Full Day

I am a homebody.. I LOVE being at home.  I love taking care of things and cooking dinner, making snacks, doing laundry.. It's just me.  In my other marriage I was very busy.. of course raising kids, I had my own business.. my kids had activities so I was constantly on the move.. besides trying to take care of a very large house and yard.  When I remarried, I closed my business.  I had planned to get another job in a preschool.  In fact had a couple of jobs lined up. I was a bit stressed with all the moving, closing my school, the wedding etc.  My husband said I should just take some time off. Turns out I never went back.  I've been a stay at home mom to my two stepsons for 11 years.  I consider taking care of the house and cooking my job and I take it seriously.. The boys are older now and can do their own thing.  Shelby is away at college.  When he is home he works at a store within walking distance.  Max just started school and got his license which is great.. very proud of him for passing his test.  He has been applying for jobs so he can work part time.

Yesterday we had a lot to do.. My Mom had her dental appointment.  Then we headed to the library so Mom could get some books. She can read 2-3 books every week..  Then to grocery shopping.  By the time we got home it was almost 3.  To most people that doesn't sound like a lot but it is for me.  I was happy we got everything done but it's not my kind of day.  I usually try to plan only one or two things on an outing.. which is once or twice a week.. the rest of the time I prefer to be home.  I am now sharing a car with Max who just started college and needs to drive.  Works for me.  My husband has been taking the bus to work.. We call it a bus but it's really a luxury motor coach.. he has to drive to the stop and there is a free parking lot.. he is saving tons of money doing this.. plus he loves it.. he has his headphones and can listen to things on his phone.. could even download a movie and watch it.. kind of neat..  On days I need the car Max drives him to the stop and then picks him up at the end of the day. I like it!

Today I'm getting lots done so I can enjoy the weekend.. no plans really but it's nice to have everything clean and done.

No comments:

Post a Comment